- Data Collection and Sharing:
1.1 Personal Account Creation
When you create a personal account on Harbor Lynx, we collect certain information such as your name, email address, and contact details. This information is securely stored and used solely for the purpose of providing you with login access to our software and services. Your Personal Account Information is never sold to any 3rd party.
1.2 Account Searchability:
The names of all Members and each of their respective addresses, initial Capital Contributions, and Ownership Interests must be set forth in Exhibit A. Each Member has made or agrees to make the initial Capital Contribution set for next to such Member’s name on Exhibit A to become a Member of the Company.
1.3 Member Company Accounts:
If you are part of a Member Company that uses the Harbor Lynx system, please be aware that your account activities will be recorded and reviewed by the Member Company. Member Companies may also provide additional employee user information for account setup within their organization. Member companies have access to employee user data for the purpose of managing their operations within the system. This is done to ensure compliance, monitor performance, and facilitate efficient operations within the member Company. We maintain strict data security protocols to safeguard this information.
1.4 Non-Disclosure of Private and Logistics Data:
Harbor Lynx, LLC does not sell, or rent your private or logistics data to any third-party services. We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality and integrity of your information. Harbor Lynx may pursue software integration with other services to facilitate the operation of the Harbor Lynx system. If data sharing is necessary to facilitate the integration Member Companies and Personal Account holders will be notified well in advance of such an integration.
1.5 Personal Information of Any User
Personal information may be used for internal purposes such as improving the software and customer support.
2. Public Data
Harbor Lynx recognizes that certain types of data generated within our system may be classified as “Public Data.” This refers to information that is publicly available or regulated by authorities for specific purposes. An example of such public data is the Automatic Identification System (AIS) data for vessels, which is required by federal regulations for the safety of navigation.
Public Data within our platform may include historical AIS data, weather information, geological or hydrographical data, and other similar datasets. These datasets are openly accessible and may be utilized by users within the system for informational purposes, to enhance operational decision-making, and or maintain a level of safety.
At Harbor Lynx, we are committed to ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations regarding the use and dissemination of Public Data.
3. Data Security Measures
At Harbor Lynx, we are deeply committed to maintaining the utmost confidentiality and integrity of your data. We understand the importance of protecting personal, company, and industry information and we strive to implement robust security measures to safeguard it. Our dedicated team continuously monitors our systems, employing industry-leading encryption technologies, access controls, and regular security audits to ensure the highest level of data protection. We adhere to strict privacy policies and adhere to applicable laws and regulations to safeguard your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Your trust is paramount to us, and we remain steadfast in our commitment to maintaining the privacy and security of your data at all times.
- Use of strong encryption algorithms secures data both at rest and in transit when able.
- Implementation of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) or Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocols to encrypt data during transmission.
- Encryption of Sensitive Data stored in databases or on servers to prevent unauthorized access.
3.2 Access Controls:
- Implementation of strong user authentication mechanisms, such as username/password combinations, multi-factor authentication, or biometric authentication. Additional controls can be implemented if requested by a member company for their own security requirements.
- Applied Role-Based Access Controls (RBAC) ensures that users have appropriate access privileges based on their roles and responsibilities.
- Regular reviews and updates to user access permissions limit access to personal information to authorized individuals only.
- Strict password requirements, including password complexity requirements and regular password updates. Harbor Lynx LLC will never ask for a personal account password in any form of communication.
3.3 Regular Monitoring:
- Monitoring of system logs, network traffic, and user activity checks for any signs of unauthorized access or suspicious behavior.
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDPS) identifies and responds to potential security breaches.
- Harbor Lynx LLC will conduct security audits and vulnerability assessments to identify and address any weaknesses in the system.
- Real-time monitoring tools detect and respond to security incidents promptly.
- Relevant data breaches if they occur will be shared with the appropriate account holders.
3.4 Data Minimization and Retention:
- Harbor Lynx will only require collection and retain of personal information that is necessary for the provision of system services or required by law.
- Data retention policies may be dictated by the Member Companies to ensure that personal information is not retained longer than necessary.
- Harbor Lynx will safely dispose of personal information that is no longer needed, following appropriate data destruction practices.
- Harbor Lynx authorizes individual users to request the deletion of all personal data unless explicitly prevented from doing so by their individual account holder’s employer if a Harbor Lynx Member Company, or if required to retain the data by law.
3.5 Employee Training and Awareness:
- Harbor Lynx may provide and/or require cyber security training sessions to Harbor Lynx employees, Member Companies, and Personal Account users regarding topics such as data security best practices and the importance of protecting personal information.
- Harbor Lynx shall foster a culture of cyber security awareness and encourage any user to report any potential security incidents or vulnerabilities.
3.6 Physical Security:
- Physical security measures may be implemented to protect servers, data centers, and other physical infrastructure where personal information is stored including aboard Member Company vessels or within Member Company facilities.
- Access control measures to physical areas may be implemented where personal information is processed or stored. Requirements may include biometric access controls, surveillance cameras, and security guards.
It’s important to note that data security measures should be implemented in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and should be regularly reviewed and updated to address emerging threats and vulnerabilities.
4. User Rights and Choices:
4.1 Personal Information Data
At Harbor Lynx, we believe in empowering our users and respecting their rights over their personal information. As an individual user or an employee user within a Member Company, you have certain rights regarding your personal data.
- You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and request a copy of it.
- If you find any inaccuracies or incompleteness in your data, you have the right to request corrections or updates.
- Additionally, you have the right to request the deletion of your personal data, subject to any legal obligations or legitimate interests we may have.
- We will promptly review and respond to your request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- We may require you to verify your identity before processing your request to ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal information.
We are committed to fulfilling these rights and ensuring that you have control over your personal data. Our team is ready to assist you throughout the process and address any concerns or inquiries you may have regarding the handling of your personal information.
4.2 Member Company Data:
In addition to individual user rights, we recognize the importance of protecting the data of Member Companies and their employees. As a Member Company using the Harbor Lynx system, you have control over the data collected within your organization. You have the right to access, manage, and delete the data of your employees in accordance with your internal policies and applicable laws. We provide robust administrative tools and features that enable you to effectively manage and protect the privacy of your businesses and employees’ data within our system. If you have any inquiries or require assistance in exercising these rights, our support team is readily available to guide you. We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality and security of your Member Company data, while also empowering you with the necessary tools and control over your information. Your trust is at the core of our partnership, and we remain dedicated to upholding the highest standards of data privacy and protection.
4.3 Non-Public Data:
Within the category of “Non-Public Data,” Harbor Lynx recognizes the sensitivity and ownership of certain types of information, such as cargo information, logistical data, merchandising data, survey data, contract data, and more. These types of data are considered confidential and are restricted to the Member Company’s access unless explicitly required for business transactions within the system, where both parties must have access to such data in order to facilitate the requested transaction.
All Non-Public Data remains the sole property of the Member Company and not of Harbor Lynx.
Our role at Harbor Lynx is to securely store and facilitate the dissemination of this data based on the instructions provided by the Member Company. We prioritize the confidentiality and integrity of your Non-Public Data, ensuring that it is handled and managed in strict compliance with applicable privacy laws and regulations.
We are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our Member Companies by upholding the highest standards of data protection and privacy. If you have any further inquiries or require clarification regarding the handling of Non-Public Data, our dedicated support team is available to assist you.
In the event that a Member Company decides to discontinue their partnership with Harbor Lynx, we understand the importance of providing a seamless transition for their Non-Public Data. As the rightful owner of their data, the Member Company has the right to request the transfer of their Non-Public Data upon termination of their membership.
Harbor Lynx is committed to acting in the utmost good faith to facilitate the transfer of Non-Public Data out of our system. We will work closely with the Member Company to ensure a smooth and secure transfer process, adhering to any applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
To initiate the transfer of Non-Public Data, the Member Company can contact our dedicated privacy team. Our team will guide them through the necessary steps and provide the required assistance to facilitate the transfer in a timely and secure manner.
At Harbor Lynx, we value the trust placed in us by our Member Companies, and we remain dedicated to upholding the highest standards of data privacy and protection throughout the entire data lifecycle.