Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Harbor Lynx
Robert LeBlanc is the founder and CEO of Harbor Lynx, provider of an inland river operating system that integrates the disparate people and processes involved in inland waterways fleet operations.
Rob founded Harbor Lynx to “Keep Towboatin’ Simple” by creating a technology solution that makes river transport operations more efficient, safe and profitable for boat and barge captains and owners. The system is catalyzing an evolutionary leap in inland river operations and as a customizable system, Harbor Lynx will continue to evolve with the industry’s needs.
Rob’s work experience in the inland waterways industry and close proximity to the heart of river operations as a resident of New Orleans have shaped his understanding of the needs of those who work on the river and uniquely qualify him to lead the industry into the future.
Rob has experience in both large corporate environments and small businesses.
Before leaving to begin development of Harbor Lynx, Rob held increasingly responsible positions at Archer Daniels Midland / ARTCO (2013-2020), culminating as Divisional Support Manager, where he developed skills and experience in:
- Leadership: Team management of varying backgrounds from vessel crews and national managers to government workgroups
- Project Development and Management: full process of design, funding allocation, contractor bidding, price negotiation, contract/legal review, permitting, contractor management, on-site management, government inspections, project close outs and operation start up
- Logistics: Dispatch of large cargo volumes; management of towing vessels and barges
- Vessel Management: Barge and tugboat employee oversight and motivation
- Deck Operations: Lead Deckhand on over 5,000 linear miles of US Inland Waterways
- Environmental and Safety Operations
- Education: BS Maritime Administration, Texas A&M University at Galveston, 2013, including coursework in Port Operations, Admiralty Law, Management Policy, Global Economics & International Management, Brokerage & Chartering, Personnel Management, Business Finance, Environmental Law
- Awards: 2019 Inland Marine Expo 40 under 40 Award winner
- Associations: New Orleans Area Maritime Security Committee; Greater New Orleans Barge Fleeting Association; Admiralty Club; Mariner’s Club; Propeller Club; Coastal Conservation Association; Texas A&M University Business Advisory Board
- Training or Certifications as a Facility and Vessel Security Officer, DOT Hazardous Waste Manifest handling, FEMA National Incident Management, Coastal Oil Spill Control